Ever get thirsty while working out?
Dehydration can occur long before you even become thirsty. In fact, without sufficient fluids, your body is less capable of moving nutrients through your system and distributing oxygen. The result? Fatigue and muscle cramps. Research shows that dehydrating muscle by as little as three percent can result in a 12 percent decrease in strength. Plus, as you become dehydrated, you lose essential electrolytes such as sodium and potassium, which are critical for bodily functions.
LowOz features exclusive Rapid Replenishment technology that not only delivers a blend of essential electrolytes, energy-efficient nutrients, and antioxidants but also delivers it in an effective manner.* Our secret? Low osmolality — hence, “LowOz.”
Osmolality is the measurement of solid particles in a liquid. For example, the average osmolality of blood is 250. It’s difficult for the body to absorb liquids with osmolality ratings higher than 250. Most of the leading sports drinks have ratings above 250, which means your body doesn’t absorb them efficiently even if your body is dehydrated. LowOz’s osmolality rating is only 150, which means that the ingredients essential to combating dehydration are quickly and efficiently absorbed by your body. LowOz feaures a fresh citrus flavor.
- Electrolyte Blend – Electrolyte blend combines potassium, sodium and magnesium in an optimal proportion to maintain water balance during exercise. As you exercise and sweat, you lose fluid and important nutrients known as electrolytes. Loss of electrolytes and dehydration can cause multipule negative effects, such as headache, fatique, and muscle cramps. The electrolyte blend helps you maintain your water balance during exercise so you can benefit from your workout and avoid exhaustion.*
- Pine Antioxidant Blend – This superior antioxidant blend includes vitamin C and OPC blend, a combination of grape seed extract and maritime pine bark extract. Exercise creates free radicals, damaging cells inside your body. While the body has its own defense mechanism against free radicals, it is also dependant on antioxidant intake from food and supplements. LowOz supplies powerful flavonoids, catechins, and other antioxidants to support your body’s natural antioxidant defense system.*
- Energy Blend – An energy-efficient blend of slow-metabolizing carbs (fructose), fast acting-metabolizing carbs (maltodextrin), and vitamin B’s provides energy sources to sustain your workout.*
Q. Can I take LowOz if I have a medical condition or while on other medication?
A. This product is not recommended if you have a medical condition or while on other medication. Consult your physician before use.
Q. Do I use LowOz during or after training?
A. It’s important to ensure proper hydration and electrolyte balance during training. LowOz should be consumed during your workout regimen for best results.
Q. Can I mix LowOz with fruit juice?
A. Because of the unique carbohydrate blend that controls the low osmolality of LowOz, it should be mixed only with water for best results and maximum absorbtion.
Q. Can I mix up large quantities of LowOz and put it in the freezer for later use?
A. Yes. LowOz can be mixed ahead of time and frozen for later use.
Q. Can pregnant or lactating women consume LowOz?
A. This product is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Consult your physician before use.
Benefits and Features
- Provides a low osmolality blend to support distribution of fluids, oxygen and nutrients throughout your body*
- Provides a balanced mixture of carbohydrates (fast – and slow-metabolizing) and vitamin B’s to sustain energy during workouts*
- Provides antioxidant support during exercise to help protect cells from free radicals*
- Fresh citrus flavour
Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCI), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacinamide), vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), pantothenic acid, magnesium (chloride), potassium (citrate), sodium (chloride), grape seed (Vitis vinifera) extract, pine bark (Pinus massoniana) extract, maltodextrin, fructose, dextrose, natural flavors, citric acid, beta carotene, silicon dioxide and sucralose.
- Primary – Men and women who do sporting activies such as triathlon, running, cycling, football, soccer, bodybuilding, tennis, volleyball, basketball, hockey, golf or any sport where you perspire.
- Secondary – Men and women who spend a lot of time in the sun on hot days.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be used to diagnose any ailment or prescribe any remedy. It is not to be a substitute for professional help. It is intended to set forth historical uses for natural remedies. A person should consult an approved health professional for any conditions which requires their services.